Planning officers at Harborough District Council have released their recommendations in respect of the 5 major planning applications In Scraptoft, Thurnby and Bushby ahead of the special Planning Committee meeting on Tuesday 8th March. The full report on each application can be accessed on the Council’s website www.harborough.gov.uk. In a surprise development, the application on land south of Uppingham Road, Bushby Ref: 10/01660/OUT has been withdrawn by the applicants – Trustees of the Bushby Land Settlement. I understand the applicant “Wishes to take more time to resolve a number of outstanding issues” so it is likely that this application will be re-submitted to the Council at some stage in the future.
The officers recommendations for the 5 applications are as follows:
1. East of Pulford Drive, Scraptoft and Thurnby – 250 dwellings submitted by Jelsons ref: 10/00620/OUT is recommended for REFUSAL
2. East of Station Lane, Scraptoft – 100 dwellings submitted by Davidsons ref:10/01045/OUT is recommended for APPROVAL
3. Former De Montfort University Playing Fields off Beeby Road, Scraptoft – 215 dwellings submitted by DMU ref:10/1306/OUT is recommended for REFUSAL
4. South Of Uppingham Road, Bushby – 90 dwellings submitted by Trustees of Bushby Land Settlement ref:10/01660/OUT recommended for REFUSAL but withdrawn by the applicants and will not be considered by the Planning Committee on 8th March
5. East of Wadkins Sports Ground, Uppingham Road Bushby -150 dwellings submitted by Sugar Hill Homes ref: 11/0003/OUT recommended for REFUSAL.
With the exception of the application South of Uppingham Road, Bushby, the officers’ recommendations will be considered by councillors on the Planning Committee who will make a decision on each application having considered all the facts. This is a public meeting so please come along and hear the debate. A number of local residents have already booked their place to speak at the meeting but this right also extends to the applicants so it’s important the Committee hears all views before it takes a decision on each proposal. You can book to speak any time up to 12pm on the day before the meeting. I set out the details on how to book in the last posting (see below).
Cllr Amanda Burrell and I are members of the Planning Committee and will be at the meeting next Tuesday to represent the views of local residents and take part in these important decisions affecting the future of our area.