Simon Galton has published a list of sites put forward to Harborough District Council to be protected as Green Space.
The National Planning Policy Framework specifes that local communities through Local Plans and Neighbourhood Plans should be able to identify green areas of particular importance to them for special protection.
This is the list of sites that have been put forward:
- Stocks Road Scraptoft
- The Mount Scraptoft
- Stoneygate Rugby Club Field
- Scraptoft Glebe Land
- Church Land Scraptoft
- Scraptoft Woodland
- Small Paddocks 2 Stoughton
- Larger Paddock entrance to Charity Farm Stoughton
- Small Paddocks Stoughton
- Natural recreation area Stoughton
- Paddock opp Church Land Stoughton
- Green in Bradgate Close
- Embankments on Station Road
- Greens on Hollies Way
- Open Space by Telford Way
- Anthony Drive and Fiona Drive Green Space
- Greens on front of Rose and Crown Thurnby
- Greens in front of 694 to 702 Uppingham Road
- 18 sites comprising the dismantled railway line and lower half of gardens on Dalby Avenue abutting it.